EducationUSA is funded by the U.S. Department of State with the goal of helping students, parents, and Guidance Counsellors understand the U.S. university application process. EducationUSA is a completely FREE service. We exist to assist you, and we hope that you take advantage of our services.
Ways that EducationUSA can help Guidance Counsellors:
- Request an EducationUSA presentation at your schoolEducationUSA is located in Ottawa. If you are outside the Ottawa area, we will likely accommodate you with a virtual presentation. However, we do travel often, and if you submit a presentation request, we will prioritize coming to your school when we are in your area! We can give presentations on any part of the application process to counselors only, students and/or parents, or all of the above.
- 1:1 Student Advising SessionsEncourage your student to connect with EducationUSA with in-depth questions about applying to U.S. schools. Click here to set-up a 30 minute advising session via phone, Skype, or in person (Ottawa region only).
- Follow us on social media!
- Attend our webinarsCheck out our Calendar for the next Webinar topic. We cover a variety of topics, such as “SAT vs ACT,” “Unpacking the Common Application,” or “Pre-Departure for the United States.”
- Register for our newsletterAll these updates can come easily to your email! Sign up here.
- Read Crossing Borders for important U.S. education updates
- Youth Ambassadors Program with CanadaThe Youth Ambassadors Program with Canada is a three-week summer exchange program to the United States. There are no costs associated with this award. The application process is competitive. Please encourage your Grade 9-11 students to apply for this unique and amazing opportunity. For more information, including deadlines, visit the SUNY Plattsburgh website.
- Email supportYou can always email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our EducationUSA Advisor is standing by to assist you.