University Study Abroad Centres

If one of your Canadian university students is interested in studying abroad in the United States, encourage him or her to also apply for a Killam Fellowship. Students can apply for the Killam Fellowship in the direct program or the open competition.
If your university is a direct Killam partner, your student will apply to study at one of the American partner institutions under a reciprocal exchange.
If your university is not a direct partner, a student can apply through the open competition. Open competition students will pay the fees at the American university they attend, unless your university has a reciprocal agreement with the school of their choice.

Killam award

  • $5,000 per semester (for 1-2 semesters)
  • Three-day orientation in Ottawa
  • Three-day spring seminar in Washington, D.C.
  • $500 Health insurance allowance
  • $800 In-country mobility grant

For more information, visit